Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Human Foosball

So we have developed a game at Pacific Ridge School that works on agility, quickness, acceleration etc. I also love this game because it simulates offense vs. defense from court and field sports. If you have read my posts on agility vs. change of direction, you know I believe games like this will help develop quickness and agility much better than running athletes through choreographed cone drills.

So here's the game. Think of one team as the players stuck to the Foosball handles. All they can do is move side to side on their line. Below is how I would typically start the game. Red's the defense and blue is trying to get to the other side. Red must stay on their line and is trying to tag the blue. Blue is trying to get by without getting tagged. They can wait for their teammates to move into their zone to help team-up on the defense.

In the video below you will see 1 person on the front line, 2 in the middle, and 2 in the back. At first, I started with sending one person at a time and then I switched to 2 at a time. Once a person gets through a line or gets tagged the next person can go. If you have a couple athletes that are far superior I suggest making their boundaries wider to have them cover more ground. I also like to switch defense from different lines as the first one is much busier than the back line.

This game is very new and very fun for us. I will probably adjust the rules as we figure out what works and doesn't. Try it out this week and let me know if you have any suggestions or things you saw that could be adjusted!

1 comment:

  1. These were just pickup games with anyone in the crowd who wanted to have a try. read more

    ReplyDelete